1. A tour operator you can trust It’s our mission to offer you the adventure of a lifetime! Whether you are a first-time adventure seeker or a seasoned independent traveler, we can help you to discover the world’s most amazing people and places, cultures, and landscapes. Whether you choose to travel on one of our comfortable overland expedition vehicles or take an adventure on public transport or take to the water on an Expedition by trek or water rafting, with Explarience you will always experience the world in an authentic and exciting way.
When you are booking the adventure tour of a lifetime, you need to know your holiday is safe. We can proudly guarantee the quality of our tours because we operate them ourselves and very few of our holidays are operated by third parties.
2. Travel with like-minded people Meet holiday seekers from all walks of life Our travelers come in all shapes and sizes, from a wide variety of cultures, nations and backgrounds, and they all share an adventurous spirit, a strong sense of fun and a desire to see the world as it really is. Many Explarience Travellers are aged between 25 and 45, but passengers of all ages are welcome on most of our tours as long as they are willing to integrate with the group and are enthusiastic. The fact that you are already reading this page means that you are already an Explariencer you just don’t know it yet! If you want to know more about people who travel with us, why not check out our online community on our social accounts.
3. Travelling solo isn’t lonely Meet like-minded people and make new friends While many people travel as a couple or with friends, around half of our travelers come on their own as they know they will meet friendly, like-minded people along the way. Over the years, many of our passengers have told us that they have made lifelong friends on their Explarience tours. There’s no such thing as a solo traveler when you’re on a journey with us because you won’t be traveling with strangers, just friends you haven’t met yet!
While other companies charge solo travelers an additional compulsory single supplement on group tours, we are proud to say that we don’t and never have, although travelers who want to have a private room can pay a single supplement. A single supplement will apply if you are the only person from your tour to trek.
Group travel can seem daunting to solo travelers but don’t worry, our tour leaders are adept at helping to integrate newcomers into the group. You’ll also have plenty of time to explore on your own if you prefer to go your own way during your free time.
4. See the world your way We can offer you the adventure of a lifetime in a travel style to suit your needs Whether you want to travel on local transport with chickens or hightail it across the rugged countryside on a powerful, modern and mighty overland truck, or choose your own personalized itinerary, Explarience has a travel style for you. We also give you the choice of traveling with a group size that suits your travel personality.
Whether you want to meet as many people as possible along the way, or just keep it small intimate to give you that ‘friends on tour’ feeling, you will be able to see the world your way. We aim to cater to the wide range of wants and needs of ALL the different kinds of adventure travellers out there. We also have the largest selection of departure dates available to fit in with your holidays so you can be sure to find the right tour at a time that suits you.
5. Relax… we’ll take care of your trip Many choose our tours because it makes travel so much easier On our tours, you are completely free from the hassle of booking your own accommodation, organizing your own transport, finding your own excursions with quality guides. We employ only the best staff with the most extensive local knowledge, so you can rely upon them to find the best places to go for dinner and drinks, according to your needs and budget.
We aim to provide you with all the essentials to make your adventure travel trip as relaxing and easy going as possible – the rest is up to you. Most Explarience Travel tour leaders speak some of the local languages so they will be able to navigate through every situation smoothly and comfortably. In many places, you’ll have the choice to explore with new friends or discover the destination independently if you wish.
The first and last day of each tour are free days for you to arrive or depart. Many clients like to spend extra time exploring the joining cities as there are many sights to see and do which you there may not be time to visit during your tour. Please bear this in mind when reserving your international flights and if you would like to book pre and post tour accommodation or airport transfers (if available), you can book through us.
6. Quality and value We are proud of the high standards we achieve and the value for money we offer We take great care to ensure that our tours are the best value for money in the business, and we know that outstanding value means ensuring that all of the ingredients are right, not just the price. Many of the inclusions in our tours are the result of years of careful research to get the right balance of quality and adventure that is best suited to our travelers.
Our friendly and approachable staff have extensive regional knowledge and their expertise will help to lift your experience out of the ordinary. For example, our popular Inca Trail programmed utilizes carefully selected and educated local guides, cooks, and porters with top equipment, to ensure your trek will be of the highest quality with minimal discomfort. Our attention to detail and high level of service ensures our happy customers come back to us year after year.
8. Inclusive prices and included excursions If you are traveling to a distant destination, you certainly don’t want any expensive surprises or extra costs that you weren’t told about before you booked your tour. Explarience is one of few up-front travel companies that tell you what is included and excluded in our brochure & on our website, rather than after you have booked your tour.
You will find that many included excursions on our tours are chosen for their quality, not their price. On each trip, you may find there are some excursions that are not included. This might be because they are not to everyone’s taste or there may be various options of differing value to choose from and we want you to have the choice. There is generally enough time allowed for you to do the options offered, but if you prefer you can always spend some time exploring, sight-seeing or simply relaxing.
7. Activities and excursions You can enjoy a range of outdoor activities and you don’t have to be super-fit All you need to join in most of our activities is an adventurous spirit and the willingness to participate and have fun! Few other companies can boast as many included excursions as Explarience – we visit Hemis National There are also many extra options available on our tours – for example you can take a zip line through a valley or river rafting at Zanskar or Quad bike in the Hunder Sand dunes.
9. Flexibility Take your time and see the best a country has to offer The modular nature of our tours means you choose can see as much or as little of a particular destination as you like, based on the time you have available. We have carefully chosen departure dates that compliment a wide range of our tours to allow you to combine itineraries in various parts of the continent if you want to see as much as possible while you’re there. Once you’re underway, if you decide that you’d like to stay an extra day in a particularly interesting place or skip a section of the tour, it is possible to do that and then join your group later on.
10. Expert road crew The key to a successful adventure is the right kind of leadership The support of expert road crew is especially important in the country where the language and culture is very different from our own. Explarience tour leaders know our destinations very well and are adept at getting the very best out of the destinations we visit. This means everything from back street restaurants serving delicious, cheap local food, to pointing out interesting sites to see and places to visit along the way.
All of our staff are carefully selected and trained to ensure that you are in the best hands, leaving you free to sit back, relax and enjoy your adventure travel holiday. They are friendly people chosen for their great personalities, passion for adventure travel, invaluable local knowledge and resourcefulness to overcome the occasional setback – probably without you noticing there even was one. Our adventures use a combination of different styles of leadership in order to maximize your enjoyment and experiences.
11. Safety The key to a successful adventure is the right kind of leadership Travel solo is very popular and when you travel solo your safety comes as a first priority. Our team members are well trained so that we can ensure you that you are in safe hands during your trip if you are solo women or solo men, we give equal importance to both. So feel free and safe to travel with us.